Luminex Synchronous Tape Matrix enables synchronous mirrored writes to multiple storage systems. As a result, any control unit can service host I/O for any storage at any time, allowing operations to continue without interruption, even in the event of multiple component failures of computing, connectivity, and storage.
Active-Active Operations Without Compromise
- No downtime from failover or restore processes
- Easy to implement, no-host scripts or policies required
- No idle components to buy
- No limitations for throughput, capacity, or degrees of redundancy
- Data is always available for I/O
- Support for dissimilar storage systems and compression/deduplication technologies
Simplified STM configuration with n-sites. Sites can be local, on campus, or within metro link distances.
Operational STM configuration with multiple failures across layers and sites.