Synchronous Tape Matrix™
True Continuous Availaiblity for Luminex Mainframe Virtual Tape Solutions
Luminex Synchronous Tape Matrix (STM™) leverages the modular design of Luminex Channel Gateway X (CGX) mainframe virtual tape controllers and enables synchronous mirrored writes to multiple storage systems, creating a storage layer, while providing host I/O capabilities from any available storage system within the layer. By abstracting the controller from the storage system, there is no longer a need for a "primary" and "secondary" configuration; any CGX can service host I/O for any storage at anytime. This allows operations to continue, without interruption, even in the event of multiple component failures across all layers of computing, connectivity and storage.
Active-Active Operations Without Compromise
- No downtime from failover or restore processes
- No idle components to buy
- Data is always available for I/O
- Easy to implement, no host scripts or policies required
- No limitations for throughput, capacity or degrees of redundancy
- Support for dissimilar storage systems and compression/deduplication technologies
Simplified STM configuration with n-sites. Sites can be local, in a campus or within metro link distances.
Operational STM configuration with multiple failures across layers and sites.